In 1907 Georg Härdtle opened a small smithery in Wain – this is how the story of häwa starts. Since the end of the 1940s the company has manufactured wood processing machines and started in 1959 producing control cabinets.
From the word go häwa had a clear objective: to fulfil customer requirements 100% and develop solutions that offer a real advantage against competition. Bravely, consistently and with a vision häwa abode to this approach and enabled therefore the development to its current size. With eight branches, 400 employees at three manufacturing locations and 38 exclusive representatives we are perfectly equipped to continue growing healthily in the future.
Foundation of the company Schimscha in Mittlitz (Moravia) in tinsmithery.
Founding of a small smithery in Wain by Georg Härdtle.
Foundation of the company Electro Springer by Hans Springer in Bad Wörishofen.
Foundation of häwa Vertrieb (distribution) as a joint venture of the companies Electro Springer and Haerdtle.
Beginning of co-operation with Otto Schimscha Metallbau.
Foundation of the first foreign subsidiary in France. Other such subsidiaries followed, e.g. in 1986 in the USA
Innovations for control cabinets: including the development of lights, hinges, fire protection etc. with numerous patents.
Production start of air conditioning units.
Installation of a modern powder coating machine with extension of the manufacturing hall in Wain as well as commissioning a fully automated laser cutting machine in Bad Wörishofen.
Stop of operation of wood-processing machinery - this branch is continued as häwa Maschinen GmbH as a separate company.
Change of corporate name into häwa GmbH & Co. KG.
Construction of an new production hall with complete automation of sheet metal production. This was followed by a continuous modernisation of the production location in Wain including a capacity increase.
Granted the award for innovation for the "compact handle" development.
New construction at Schimscha in Erlenbach. Expansion and modernisation of the manufacturing plant.
Plant expansion in Wain and for Schimscha
Expansion of the production area in Wain by 2,000 sqm and change of corporate name into häwa GmbH.